Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wild Mushroom & Bacon


The first night of any trip is always the one where I have the least amount of energy; after how many hours on a flight, trekking with your bags to your lodging and of course finding your way around where you are going.  Then of course you could be adjusting to what ever time change too.  So, I am usually all about finding a local place near the hotel for dinner that first night.  Which means that you could end up with not an amazing meal, since you are out for convenience.  This time in Vienna, we lucked out and stumbled onto the most amazing restaurant that warmed us up in the rain and made me feel so happy!  Good food, nice glass of wine while it is raining outside; sounds like a good night to me.

A small part of me feels like I am in Disneyland when I am in Vienna; the city is so incredibility clean and well kept.  I only wish LA was so clean.  Also, all of the ingredients are fresh; everything taste grown local.  I love the food vendors along the streets, everyone bustling to and from work, and locals going for their morning jog through the palace gardens.  I could definitely live there! 

On to the food!  This is such an easy one to make and so good!

Wanderer's Shopping List
Olive Oil
1 large Potato - peeled and diced
1lb Slab Bacon - diced in to 1/2 inch cubes
16oz mixture of Mushrooms - roughly chopped
4-5 cloves of Garlic - diced
1/2cup White Wine
Parmesan Cheese

For the mushrooms, the wilder the better!  But just pick 2-4 different types that you like.

Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat; add potato and cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.  Add bacon; cook for another 15 minutes.  Add garlic and mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes.  Salt and Pepper to taste and add wine.  Cook down wine and remove from heat.  Plate and sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.

Now pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment